Last week was full of smiles. After Grampy’s and Evan’s lovely birthday we continued the week of celebrating with Jalen’s Graduation from high school.
Jalen is one of those people who make you feel good just being around him. He is gentle and kind. He is funny and artistic. He is a good soccer player. He is a hard worker. He is a great kid young man.
Grampy and I are thankful for this grandson and happy that we could make the trip to Utah to attend his graduation.
Before graduation we went to Jalen’s favorite… The Asian Buffet and had a good meal.
Then with one last hug from his little sister….
….he had to hurry off to the ceremony….with all of us tagging along behind.
I was glad that the big monitor showed us a picture of him as he got his diploma because it was hard to see him in the crowd.
After the ceremony we took time for a few pictures before Jalen headed off to the all night grad party. Lynell went too because she was a chaperone.
You might think that was the end of the graduation smiles but…. no…. there were more. Not all of the family could attend the graduation ceremony but….
The next day we all joined together at Tucanos Brazilian Grill to continue the celebration. It is my favorite place to eat. The servers keep bringing around skewer after skewer of good b-b-q meats that you eat to your heart’s content.
It is delicious!!!!!
Jalen, mom Lynell & uncle David……..Jalen with Johnny & his other grand parents, Vern & Nancy
Ellie, Erin, Loni, Cal, Patrick, Grampy….Dathan, Grampy & Patrick
His dad & Grammy & Grampy……. proud grandmoms with their boy
Erin and Ellie’s smiles just sum up how we all felt. It was a wonderful family time together.
You can see that we were all full of smiles… many of which I tucked away into my heart and will treasure for the rest of my life.
Life is good and I am so thankful that Grampy and I are here and healthy enough to share these special times with our dear children and grands.
We love our Jalen. We are glad that we could share this graduation time with him.
I hope that all of you had a good week too..
My blog friend, Buttercup is having surgery this coming week to remove a tumor from her spine. Please remember her in your prayers.
Have a good week. Hugs and best wishes, Gammy L







9 comments:
I sure will remember Buttercup in my prayers. I loved seeing all these lovely smiles spent with your family. I know how nice a lad your Jalen is. Well, your whole family is just wonderful and some of the nicest people I have ever been able to spend time with. You have blessed my life in countless ways my dear friend. I do love you so very much. xxoo
Those are memories you're going to treasure forever Lura. I'm lifting Buttercup up to our Father, asking for healing and strength for her and wisdom for her caregivers/doctors. blessings, marlene
Lura, we were both blessed with seeing Grandchildren achieve goals this week. Your family is just beautiful and always seem so happy. My granddaughter just finished her residency(blog) this past week. We of course had to attend. god is good, no better than that.
Oh my goodness, God did not come out with a capitol! so sorry
What a lot of smiles on this Utah trip. It all looks so fun and loving I imagine it's sometimes hard to come home. But I'm so glad you do!!!
I will remember Buttercup in my prayers. I loved all your smiles. It is so sweet to be able to spend such a wonderful occasion with your family and especially with your grandson. I loved all the pictures. You are so blessed with a wonderful family. I am really happy that you are feeling well enough to make all the trips.You are such an active, vibrant and faithful mother and grandmother along of course with your sweet husband.
I am smiling on this one. Hugs!
What a wonderful lot of smile photo's and boy oh boy you all had something to smile about. Congradulations to all, I always say that a graduate coudl not be graduation without full support from his/her family..and I only wish there were few more wonderful families than yours..
God Bless
much love Sybil xx
(remembering our Buttercup as always in my prayers)
What happy occasions!! Congratulations to your grandson!
You asked about the avocados in our grove. We have Hass and Bacon and Fuerte. The Hass have been producing two very large harvests per year. Once in and around Christmas time, and then once around June. So productive these trees are. Literally, we have hundreds still up in the trees!!!
I hope your friend is doing well after her surgery.
Hugs,
Kris
Congrats to another family graduate. Such a special time and I'm so glad you were able to make it.
I can't believe how big Ellie is! She's not a baby anymore!
And, prayers for your friend Buttercup, too.
Post a Comment