Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sickly Sunday Smiles



My darling hubby gave me these beautiful flowers. He is not a big flower giver so they mean a lot to me........Tuesday they were my Valentine flowers......Since Thursday night they have been my Get Well Flowers. I like Valentine's better but it is nice to have them cheering up my sick room. That makes me smile.
....
I only have a sore throat, cough and ache all over.....nothing serious....I will live!!!...
...and... I can stay in my comfy bed and and rest all I need to. I don't have to take care of little children like I used to.... or go to school sick because it is too hard to prepare for a sub.
I can be sick without any outside responsibilities.
That makes me smile.
....
My next smiles come from having my new iPad. I am using it in bed. I wish I had had it all the months I was in bed after the accident....but, no matter....I have it now and I am loving it.
Smile, smile.
This iPad was also a surprise gift from John. How nice...huh!!!!
I have been lying in bed reading the scriptures,our church magazine which is called The Ensign, reading blogs and Facebook and listening to LDS Church Conference talks.
I've been playing Words with Friends (Scrabble) on Facebook. That is fun.
I'm doing all those things on my little iPad. That makes me smile.
So even on a "sickly" Sunday I have lots to smile about .
I will share more with you when I feel better.
Have a great week.
(Now I will try to publish this post from my iPad ....I hope I can.)
Hugs, Grammy L

12 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Lura what nice flowers you had to Valentines and what sweet is John your smiles always make me smile (lol) hope you have a nice week dear and feel better each day huggs to John Erin and the kids always remember Erin hugs to you!

Michelle said...

Feel better!

LeAnn said...

Oh Lura please get well quickly. You will be in my prayers. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids. Of course, I know you already know this. I loved the flowers and I know that the ipad is wonderful. I have one too; a different brand.
I will look forward to you feeling better soon.
Sending love and hugs!

hoLLy said...

your john is a gem! i hope you feel better very very soon! but it sounds like you have someone taking very good care of you:) and words with friends is pretty addicting isn't it? i did it for a month and had to stop:) my friends husband is one of the creators of that app, cool, huh? he was on a superbowl commercial too!

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Lura: You are incredible...I just got a new Lap top and am scared to death. But I have determination and will win! Wink, Wink! Sorry to hear you are sick. I had something for over a month after Christmas and so glad it is gone. But we all know you are a survivor and will be up and around soon. Feel better, Friend!
{{HUGS}}
Joy

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I did not know you could do a blog post from an ipad. We just got one a few weeks back and are still on a very steep learning curve with it. Of course we have no young people around to help us out! I am sorry you are feeling so ill, but when I remember how bad things were last year at this time, I am filled with gratitude that you and John are still with us. I love you both so much. I do hope that you feel a lot better soon. You are so right, it is a blessing to be able to find the silver lining in every cloud, even when you are feeling sick. It could always be so much worse. Love you! xxoo

StitchinByTheLake said...

Lura I'm so sorry you've got the flu - it's such nasty stuff. I'm praying you won't have it for long and that you'll bounce back better than ever. blessings, marlene

Jennifer said...

What a great post even though you are under the weather Lura . The flowers are beautiful and what a wonderful gift of an ipad. You will have fun no doubt!
I haven't posted in so long . Have had a lot of appts to take my daughter Elisabeth to and different things have come up that I haven't put my thoughts together but I will soon as Elisabeth finally got her bed so that makes life easier with it being able to go up and down .
Hope you get well soon!

bettyj said...

Sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon. Nothing like being sick in comfort!lol I too would like an i-pad!

Sybil said...

Hope that by now you are feeling loads better. what lovely flowers from John he really is a honey x
Lucky you to have an I pad...nit that I know exactly how they work but I hear lot's of the young ones talk about them.
love Sybil xx

Jan's Blog said...

How are you doing? I hope that you are starting to feel better. Do take good care of yourself, and remember I'm right down the street if there is anything I can do for you or John. Love to you, Jan

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Lura,

I am so sorry you were not feeling well! I hope by now you are on the mend.

Oh yes, that Ipad would have been ideal last year but by waiting, you got the better one I am sure. I have the original but the newer version does even more!! I am not sure I could post from mine since I use Live Writer.

I just haven't been blogging much. I find I am on FB more than blogging but even that is less than it used to be. I have been reading more and that was one of my goals this year. I have been busy with wedding plans and my folks and Lili too.

Take care and do what you need to do to feel better! Big hugs across the miles!!