Happy December everyone. I really can’t believe it is December 2011 already. I lost so much of this year being down in bed for almost 6 months. I feel like we should be going into spring instead of winter…. oh well…. I love December and the Christmas season, so I’m not complaining that the other months of this year seem like a blur of time and it is December again…..
…but… I still have Thanksgiving smiles I want to share with you. So much was going on with all of our kids and grandkiddos here that I want to document. I may be posting Thanksgiving smiles until Easter!
1. Jacuzzi fun brought me lots of smiles.
Since 11 of our 14 grandchildren come from Utah where it was snowing, going into the Jacuzzi here in sunny So. Cal is always fun for them.
John heats up the Jacuzzi and family is in and out of it for days….
…and nights… Come on Evan you can jump in… you can do it….
What a brave little 2 year old.
Speaking of brave… Claire, Loni and Gracie started jumping out of the hot Jacuzzi into the cold pool… they said it was fun… but I have my doubts.
2. Jacuzzi rescues made me smile
Almost every time we went out to the pool we found frogs that needed rescuing. Gracie and Davey show us two of them here. Frog rescues was a daily occurrence .
3. Measuring on the wall makes me smile.
We moved into this house when David was 3 years old. We have measured all our kids and grandkids on this wall every since then. It is a family tradition.
When we’ve repainted, this wall gets skipped…. it is too precious to paint over.
David had not grown any in the past year but his 4 kiddos surely have. They are showing us by their finger spans how much they have grown since last Thanksgiving.
Cal makes his mark on the wall.
12 year old EJ has grown a lot too. He is a wee bit taller than his 15 year old cousin, Johnny…..but… that is OK. Johnny may be short but he is ALL MUSCLE!!
Gymnasts don’t have to be tall.
Speaking of gymnasts…. Johnny is loving being on the US National team. He and his coach have learned a lot training at the Olympic center in Colorado. He is working hard to make it on the team for the summer Olympics in Brazil. Wish him luck. He trains at the gym 5 hours a day, 6 days a week.
4. Johnny trying to teach Calan how to do hand stands made me smile.
5. Playing, dancing and singing together made me smile.
6. Seeing so many sweet smiles on my family made me smile.
I loved it when Loni and Claire declared…
“We’re the ‘mostest’ fun family!” That may not be true, but we surely do have fun being together…. and for that I am very thankful…. and smiling.
Thank you for letting me share my smiles with you. Have a great week.
Hugs, Grammy Lura







12 comments:
Dear Lura all these pics and smiles look fun and great, sounds all of you have a nice time dear, so nice, blessings tou with love your friend gloria:)
Hi Lura. What a great bunch of photos! Your family reminds me of mine. You do have a lot of fun together. How special!!
The holidays are in full swing, and we are busy, busy!!!
: ) Kris
Dearest Lura: Another fabulous post. Your family is awesome and you are all so lucky to have each other. I can't imagine what Christmas is going to be like at your house, but I'm sure you will post about it and show us wonderful pics. =)
Still "not quite finished" with the re-do around here but it is "close."
Have a wonderful week!
{{HUGS}}
Joy
Lura, your smiles surely made me smile too! Oh how very blessed you are to be able to have these times with your family. I feel a bit blue this time of year as my own family is so far away and in truth, I know in my heart that most of them would not want to spend the time with me anyways, so that makes me feel even bluer. Nevermind, I can enjoy your photos and remind myself that friends are family you choose for yourself. I love you my sweet friend! xxoo
Great pictures Lura. It occurred to me that the reason your little one was brave enough to jump in the jacuzzi is because he had faith that his family would be there to catch him. His trust in them is like ours in our Father - don't you just love that? blessings, marlene
Always is lovely stopping by here dear Lura, I forget to say you the kids are lovely and big:) they are awesome, send huggs to Erin she look so happy:)
I have to agree with Loni and Claire..I too think you are the mostest family...Thank you for making me smile on this another sad night..
Love sybil xx
It looks like you were more than smiling! Maybe a lot of laughing out loud!
take care
betty
Now that made me smile! I think those sweet faces do a lot more for a home than any ole box of Christmas decor could! You are so blessed with such a wonderful loving caring family. Hummmm.... I wonder where they all learned that from?????? I think I know the answer to that!! Big hugs across the miles!!
Dear Lura,It's a grate Family like yours that makes like worth it all.
You and yours make me (SMILE) Ty.
I feel a lot like Marie does, about the Hallowdays.So glad to hav you.(HUGS)xx
Seriously, you all have soooo much fun together. I just love seeing your family smiles.
aubrey has the same swimsuit as claire:) great pics!
Post a Comment