Dear Blog Friends
Here it is almost Christmas time again.
I can hardly believe it. I am so thankful to be alive and here with my family and you to enjoy this season. I am thankful that my husband is with me. I have always been thankful for these things…. but this year is special. I think knowing how close John and I came to dying in our auto accident last March has made me more appreciative than ever before of life, family and friends.
Thanks to all of you that cared about us, prayed for us and were so kind to support me with your cards, calls and comments during that difficult time. What a blessing you were to me and I will always be grateful.
Here is the 4th annual posting of the Christmas poem I wrote for you.
We are older and a bit worse for ware… but the house is about the same. I was not up to decorating as much this year…. but hopefully I will be again next year.
I hope you enjoy reading my poem again. It was written for you with love.
The house is decked out with lights on each tree
With flowers and presents

and much greenery.
We have new decorations
and the old ones so dear
are out of their boxes
and up for the year.
Each table is set awaiting the feast
of turkey and dressing,
of ham and roast beef
There will be yams and potatoes
and gravy galore
and veggies and salads
and desserts and more.
But the sweetest things
that this season does bring
is not the goodies or bobbles
or pretty sights seen.
...
It's not the gifts or the parties
or good shows on TV
that are the best part of Christmas
for you and for me.
The best part of Christmas
is the feeling of love
That we have for family and friends

and our Savior above
...
It's the thought of Angels
and Shepherds…
and the bright star they saw...
and a wee Babe and His mission
that fill us with awe.
...
As we reflect on our abundance and cheer
Let us remember the reasons we're here
...
Let us love one another and try with our might
to keep His commandments and do what is right....
May the spirit of Christmas we are feeling today
linger all year and in our hearts stay.
This is the season of Love and I am sending it to you.
It is nice that our daughter, Lynell, is a professional photographer.
Here are the family photos she took for us last year. Unfortunately John and I were not able to travel to the family reunion this year and we didn’t get new pictures taken….. but I bet we will next year.
Our Family
David, Mindy, Lura, John, Lynell and Erin
We are so thankful for each of our children.
No parents were ever blessed with dearer children. They are not perfect….but they are perfect for us. Each one of them loves the Lord, their spouses, their children and us. Could we ask for more??? I think not!
The Grand Kiddos
(Minus Justin who is on an LDS mission in Guatemala and Evan who was asleep.)
...
These grands are the light of our lives. Each one brings us so much joy. What a blessing they are to us.
I will update you on family activities in my year end post.
We love the Lord and enjoy this season when we celebrate His birth. I hope that all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in 2012
Hugs, Grammy Lura










16 comments:
Wonderful as always Lura. I hope your Christmas is filled with joy. Blessings, marlene
You are indeed blessed my friend! And I am as well for having found you in blog land! Wishing you and yours a Christmas filled with magical moments and many new memories! Warm hugs and blessings across the miles!
Christmas greetings to you and your family Lura. Your post is just beautiful with all the pictures of your Christmas preparations and your beautiful family . So thankful to know you in blogland and am inspired by your courage with all you have been through.
All the best to you for the coming year. love from Jennifer
Beautiful poem and beautiful family..Wishing you and your family a Very Merry and Blessed Christmas!
I love your annual Christmas Poem my dear sweet friend. It is always precious to me and I never tire of reading it, or of seeing the pictures to go along with it. You have such a beautiful home and wonderful taste in decorating. I really could use your help here! Ahh, now that is a lovely thought isn't it? To be able to spend the holidays together. I, for one (and I know there are many who feel the same way), am so blessed by your friendship and presence in my life. You are a treasure to me. I love you. Merry Christmas to you, John and the whole family! God bless you all! xxoo
What a beautiful post Lura!!! Such a lovely family!!! Cherish your time with them. As I will, and do, with mine. Merry Christmas my friend!
Love,
Kris
Lura, I loved your decorations and your home looks lovely. It is so fun to see pictures of your family and grandchildren; very sweet. Your poem and pictures were perfect. I loved all of it. You are such a dear friend. You are such an awesome friend and I am so thrilled that we connected. Have a wonderful Christmas Holiday and know you are loved my me.
Blessings to you all!
Can you believe I missed yesterday because I had to go to Urgent Care. I shed a tear when Kris told me of your surprise. You are just so precious to me, and so adorable. I love your Christmas poem. I love you. Happy Christmas!!! Love, Jan
I so love your post, and I love you. Thanks for your love and all your comments, and for just being you. Merry Christmas to you and your's.((Hugs))xxx
I so love your post, and I love you. Thanks for your love and all your comments, and for just being you. Merry Christmas to you and your's.((Hugs))xxx
Merry Christmas!! :)
Happy Christmas dear Lura, bigs hugs to you and all of your family:)
A very Merry Christmas to you and your family! Many many blessings in the new year, too!
beautiful, beautiful! thank you for the card here and the one we received in our mailbox! hope you had a very merry christmas(well, from what i read in your latest post, you haven't been well. i'm sorry! i hope you were better for new years!) merry christmas and happy new year to you and your family! love ya lots!
Love your family pictures--especially that second one near the top of you and John and the younger grandchildren. You all look so happy and enjoying each other's company. You are truly blessed.
I check this one out and I loved your poem and pictures. You are so beautiful in white. Your family is so awesome.
Loved this one!
Blessings and hugs!
Post a Comment