I bet you think I will never stop posting November/Thanksgiving smiles. I know that it is December and I should move on to Christmas. I promise I will do that soon. Even though it isn’t even my “Sunday Smiles” day, I want to document more of our November smiles…. so please bear with me just a little longer.
The beginning of the month I was asked to be the speaker at our Women’s Improvement Club (WIC) monthly luncheon. I was honored and thankful for the opportunity of telling our Accident story, how we were blessed and what we have learned from the experience. I will tell you more about what I said at another time.
My blog friend Kris from Simplify came to join me. I was so happy to meet this sweet blog friend whom I had come to admire so much through her blog. Go to her blog and you will see what I mean. I do hope that I will get to spend more time with this sweet lady.
If you look closely you will see John and me sitting at this church dinner with our friends. We enjoyed attending our ward (church congregation) Thanksgiving program and dinner. Ward members put a lot of work into the dinner and cute program. The only thing I did to help this year was contribute a pan of turkey stuffing. I appreciate all of the work others went to for this nice evening.
The week before Thanksgiving, our son David had a 4 hour layover in LA on his way home from a business trip in Asia. We drove up to meet him. He treated us to a yummy dinner. John wondered why I wanted to drive 1 1/2 hours in heavy traffic, in the rain, just to spend a little time with Dave since he was coming to our house the following week with his family???? I guess it was just a mom thing. I couldn’t stand knowing that he was sitting in an airport only 50 miles away on a rainy evening and me not visit him. We ended up spending as much time driving on the crowded freeways, coming and going, as we spent with David. Oh well… I think it was worth it.
John and Loni’s buttermilk tradition always cracks me up.
They started it when Loni was just 3. I cook with buttermilk but I can’t stand drinking the stuff. …. however…
… This year Davey, Erin and Gracie joined Grampy and Loni in the buttermilk mustache club. I think they are all nuts!
Luckily we had some good cake to take the buttermilk taste out of their mouths.
(Ignore the finger prints left in it by Cal. He couldn’t wait for them to cut the cake to get a few bites. lol) I don’t blame him….. It was Yummy!
Claire and Lonica made and decorated this pretty cake all by themselves. It tasted extra sweet to this retired home ec. teacher knowing that my darling grandgirls are learning baking skills.
…
Our house it empty now…. except for John and me. It is so quiet that I can hear the clock on the wall ticking away. … But…. I when I look at all the pictures I took and read my past few posts, all the memories and sounds of sweet voices come flooding back to me. I am so thankful for our dear family. My heart is full of smiles.
Thanks for dropping by and letting me carry on the way I do. I hope that my smiles make you smile too…. especially those of you who are feeling a bit down.
I need to get busy. I am in charge of the Day Time Relief Society Christmas program tomorrow. I still have things I must get done. Wish me luck.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Lura







5 comments:
Hi Lura! What fun to see your post! It was an honor for me to come and hear you speak about surviving your accident, and the blessings you have in your life every day! I know we will get together again. After the holidays and all of the business settles down, we will plan to meet for lunch.
I loved seeing you with all of your family. Such fun! Reminds me so much of my own family!
Don't work too hard now. And good luck with whatever it is you are doing tomorrow!!!
Hugs,
Kris
Many hugs to you Lura! What a wonderful experience you had of talking about your accident and blessings and miracles in your life. I can't get over the buttermilk! I loved drinking it as a child, but now, not so much. :) Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!
Lura, I never tire of seeing your smiles. Thanksgiving, or whatever! YOU make me smile. I hope your activity goes well today. I know the ladies you have planned for will enjoy it because I know you never do anything halfway. I think you must have been one of the sweetest, nicest home ec teachers ever. If I had been a teacher that is what I would have loved to teach. Happy Thursday to you. Will you go to the Temple tonight? I send much love and hugs to you. xxoo
I loved your smiles and pictures today. I liked the Buttermilk pictures and I can't even think about trying to drink buttermilk. That drink will never be a favorite of mine. Your grandchildren are so adorable and I loved the little girls that made the cake; way cute. I like you would make a trip to see a child if only for a few moments of time. I wish that we didn't live so far away from our daughters because we don't get to see them that often. Thanksgiving was a great gift for me to be with them.
I continue to marvel at the lives you touch and the opportunities that you have to share your testimony.
Blessings to you my dear sister and friend. Hugs and love to you!
Totally a mom thing to want to meet him!
So glad you were able to share your story..it's such a story.
And, I bet you don't know what to do with yourself with all of the quiet.
Post a Comment