Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thanksgiving Smiles

Happy Thanksgiving to You
Here it is Thanksgiving week already.
All of my children are coming.
I am so excited....but....where did the year go???
Our game room has once again been transformed
into our buffet room.
I have also put a extra table in that room since I can't seat
all 23 of us in my other dinning rooms.
The air hockey table makes a great desserts and punch table.

The shuffle board table....

...is nice and long and...

...makes a perfect main course table.

This will be the salads table.
I just love setting pretty tables.
I feel blessed to have the room and supplies to do this.
I am happy that these tables are set....I am smiling.
Now all I need to do is fill them with good food....and...

...Wait for all my dear ones to arrive.
David and his family got here tonight.
Erin and her family will arrive tomorrow.
Lynell and her gang will arrive Wednesday.
I am so happy... and thankful.
Everyone will be here except for our Justin who is serving
as a missionary in Guatemala.
With 23 of us all together you can bet that I will be busy....
I may not get much time to get to the computer to blog....
....but I will be thinking of you...
and wishing you
A very Happy Week.
I will get back to visit you when I can.

8 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

NOTHING is better than a day filled with family and good food and fun!! You are indeed blessed! ENJOY and Happy Thanksgiving!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!

Jan's Blog said...

Your home looks just beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family. Love you, Jan

hoLLy said...

have a wonderful thanksgiving lura and family!! your home is so warm and inviting. i bet you can't wait to be with all of your kiddos and grandkiddos.

StitchinByTheLake said...

You set such a beautiful table! I'm wishing you a joy filled Thanksgiving. blessings, marlene

Angie said...

Oh you're going to have such a great weekend. But what if someone says "Hey let's have a game of shuffleboard"? Tell you what, I would take the food any day!

The Bills Bunch said...

Your tables are beautiful! Ever thought about working in the cruise ship industry decorating the tables for all the wonderful food? You could cruise the world for free :)

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Lura, what a wonderful time you will have with your family. I can just hear all the joyful noise now!! How positively wonderful! What a blessing. I am sending my very happiest Happy Thanksgiving wishes and hugs to you all. I Love you my dear friend. Have a fabulous week! xxoo
PS Take lots of pictures so that you can share them with us after! One day maybe I will be able to join in on all the fun. What a grand idea! xxoo
PPS - As always, your tables are beautiful!!

Sybil said...

What a wonderful blessing you have been to me this past year and it seems the right time to say a real big THANK YOU at the thanksgiving time. Wish we celebrated thanksgiving over here...mind you I doubt if I could cope with it as well as Christmas LOL
Your home looks so warm and welcome all your loved ones will be so thankful for you and your love.
Have a truly blessed Thanksgiving weekend.
God Bless Love Sybil xx