My blog friend, Linda, from Behind My Red Door, has been posting things she is thankful for during this November month of Thanksgiving.She encouraged us to do the same.
In a way, my Sunday smiles are really just lists of things I am thankful for....
...but in the spirit of thanksgiving I am going to call my smiles
...but in the spirit of thanksgiving I am going to call my smiles
Thanksgiving smiles this month.
Thanks for the idea Linda. Linda is a Grammee L. like me.
She has an amazing prim home and she is a lovely person.
Be sure to hop over to her blog and see the things she is thankful for.
...
I am so thankful for the trip we were able to make to
Arizona a couple of weeks ago.
Let me tell you of the things I am thankful for
and about our miracle.
...
Our trip was full of diverse experiences.
My 88 year old aunt Susy gave me a book of remembrance
while I was there that will help me learn more about my family
and do genealogy work
I am thankful for that.
...
On our trip we visited little houses in the desert Arizona lands....
We saw all sorts of vegetation we are not used to...
...
We drove through beautiful rocky hills...
... and though not so pretty flat lands...
beautiful and diverse world that God has created for us.
...
However, we had an experience on this trip that was life changing.
This is what I am most thankful for....
and what I want to share with you today.
...
After we left my Aunt Suzy we were driving on the freeway.
We were in the fast left lane going about 75 miles per hour or a little faster.
There were cars and trucks in the other lanes beside us but we were
by ourselves driving along in the fast lane.
All at once, John saw that we were coming up on the car in front of us too fast.
Then to his total surprise he realized the car was headed straight
towards us...going against the flow of traffic in our direction.
towards us...going against the flow of traffic in our direction.
The on coming car did not slow down
or pull over onto the center shoulder of the freeway.
Within the blink of an eye, John swerved our car
and we missed a head on collision and certain death by a split second.
...
In hearing us tell this story, some have said that we were lucky that we
did not crash into another car or truck when John changed lanes so quickly.
..
Some have said we are lucky that John didn't over- correct when he turned the steering wheel so quickly to get out of the way, causing our car to roll over and then be hit by other cars which would have also probably caused a fatal accident.
...
I am here to testify that luck had nothing to do with it.
John and I both know that it was God who protected us that day.
John is a good driver...but not that good!
We believe that angels guided John's hands
in turning our steering wheel
and kept the other cars from hitting us.
...
I know that God lives.
He knows and loves each of us, his children.
I know we are alive today because of this miracle in our behalf.
We were not lucky...we were blessed.
I bear this testimony to you with a thankful heart.
...
I hope you have a week full of blessings.







12 comments:
Amen! That is an awesome testimony.
Oh my goodness...I can't imagine that event turning out any other way. I am with you. So many people fail to see the Miracles that happen, and see them as luck instead of God's great and divine intervention or the Blessings we receive. I missed your hug today as I hurried off to Primary. I so felt and Enjoyed your testimony.
OH Lura! I have the goosebumps!!!!!!!!! Yes indeed - you were and are blessed! I am so thankful you and John are OK!!
Actually, it is YOUR Sunday Smiles that gave me the idea to post on Sundays and I just changed the words up a bit because I have known all along you were really positing about things you are thankful for. Your blog always lifts me up and your family and their devotion to each other and God always makes me smile. I admire you all for that!!
Have a great week!! And I look forward to next Sunday's smiles!
HUGs across the miles!!
Lura I am praising Him right now for placing His angels around you and for leading you to safety. He has plans for you here - you are touching lives and He wants you to continue. I am thankful for you, for your trip, and most of all for your recognition of His love and guidance. blessings, marlene
Blessed indeed. What an experience. Oh, Oh, OH!
Heavenly Father truly gave you a miracle.
His blessing to you and John actually blessed a multitude of people who would have mourned the accident beyond imagination. You and John are such blessings to Craig, Jan and me. We love you as do many. My heart is FILLED with thanks for your safety.
oh my goodness lura!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so so so glad you and john are okay. you were definitely protected by God, what a blessing. thank you for sharing your testimony with us all. you are two amazing people that need to be on this earth longer! i miss and love you very much. i hope we can get out to CA next year! we so loved our time with you. have a great week and stay safe! :)
Lura your faith and testimony help to strengthen my own. Oh how I do love you, my soul sister, my kindred spirit friend . . . I am so thankful for protecting angels and their care for you. Quite obviously you and John have a lot more to do before Father calls you home! (Thank goodness!) I am so graateful that He led us to each other, my sweet eternal friend. Love and hugs!! xxoo
Oh WHAT a testimony! I'm happy it all ended up ok. What happened to the wrong-way driver?
xxxxx
Hi Angie,
John saw him in our rear view mirror. He pulled over to the center divider, stopped and turned around.
My fingers were shaking too much for me to call 911...I don't even know if we had service there...but even if we had called, it happened so fast we could not have described the car. So when we got to the next town we didn't bother. It was scary. We know we were blessed.
Oh Grammy am so glad for miracles and for the vision to make us realise that what some folks call luck is really a miracle. God Bless.
much love Sybil xx PS thanks for sharing that lovely trip with us.
Amen!! Angels are all around us.....whew....I am so glad you are both okay.
((((HUGS))))
I like your idea for posting what you are thankful for this month.....I am thankful I met you both this summer!!
I've been thinking about this since I heard you and John tell the story the other night and I'm still shaken by the thought... and so grateful for the miracle! You bless me!
Post a Comment