Happy Sunday everyone.
I hope that you have had a good week.
I have continued to feel pretty rotten with a stomach ache again all this week...
...but in spite of that I have had lots to smile about.
I hope that you have too.
Tuesday was Ernie's birthday.
We love our Ernie and are thankful that he loves us too.

It gives John and me a lot of pleasure living close to them and being able to share in all of their special events. They only live about 22 miles away from us. We get together once a week or more. Their family brings us lots of smiles.
Grandkids in the pool makes me smile.I just love summer when grandkids can have sleep-overs at our house.
We spend hours playing in the pool.
I swim with them for a while and then I just sit in the patio and read a good book while I watch them .
I just love hearing their laughter as they jump in the water and splash and play.
Having friends over makes me smile.
Wednesday I had a cruise reunion b-b-q.
Several couples that went on the cruise with us came over.
(Our friend Jon is a crack up. He directs films and commercials...so when he gets a chance to be in front of the camera he is a real "ham". Funny huh!
Sweet Mindy came over before the party and helped me wash off all of the chairs and patio tables. I insisted that she stay with the kids and eat with us. So she did. That made me smile because just love it when my kids are here.
I also just love setting up pretty tables filled with good food.
That makes me smile.

I really enjoy having people come over.
I enjoy their company...
... and it gets me to clean up all the places in the house that I've neglected.
It is always amazing to me how my house can seem nice and clean until I start looking at it through the eyes of visitors.
Then I see lots of areas that need improvement.
Having guests over is great motivation to get work done.
...both in the house....and...

...in the patios...
My place would stay in better order if I had a party every week.
Hummm..... maybe I should do that. What do you think????
...
Grampy makes me smile.
Here he is talking to our son-in-law while sitting under our walnut tree in the new swing he put up. (Grampy talks to our sons-in-law often....about BYU sports, business, cooper mine, family etc.
They are buddies. That makes me smile too.)

Here he is teaching E.J. the correct way to sand the ends of the stool
that he is helping him make.
Sometimes he can perturb me...but most of the time I think
Grampy is just so darn cute.
...
Having Mindy's kids over this week made me smile.
Mindy wanted to get to spend a special day with each of her children before school starts.
So, I took turns keeping 2 of them at our house on different days so she could have a special time with the one that was at home.

It was a lot of fun. We always ate breakfast on the patio.
...and played in the pool as I've already mentioned....
...but...
I got some good help as well.

Claire helped by picking huge bags full of tomatoes....

...and she helped me hang clothes...
(Yes, I prefer to hang my clothes instead of using my dryer... we have sun 360 days a year...they smell wonderful...and it saves energy...well not my energy...but the electricity and gas type of energy.)...
E.J. helped take care of Austin. He was patient with him and shared.
Even though I had a tummy ache all week, these sweet kids made me smile.
...
Austin's obedience made me smile.
Yesterday, when we got out of the pool, Austin wanted to play wii.
...so...
I said that would be fine...
...but...
He would have to take off his wet bathing suit
before he could play.
So he did!!!(Perhaps I should have remembered to tell him that he needed to put his clothes on after he took off his wet bathing suit! lol)...
Well that about does it for me.
What were you smiling about last week?
I am sending (((hugs4u))) and wishing you lots of smiles.
Grammy Lura
18 comments:
What's happened Lura? I got a few words on my dashboard but there is nothing on your blog.
much love anyway - you don't have to write anything to get that!
Angie, xxx
I'd love to hear about 'Sunday'... I would love to hear anything you have to say...only nothing shows up. Love you!
LOVED the Sunday Six today! And that pic of the wii? Priceless!
Yesterday I posted the 10 best things about August to remind myself to stop moaning about the heat and humidity!
As usual, your list is wonderful. I hope you feel MUCH better ASAP!
hugs, Linda
I'm so sorry you've been having stomach problems. I know about chronic pain. However it looks like you had some wonderful events. The pool and the food look so inviting. You are a natural born entertainer. Can't wait to see you soon. Love, Jan
Hi grammy.
I love spending the night with you.
I alwase have so much fun.
I am so glad that I live so clos.
love,
claire
Ohh Lura, I love your Sunday Six as always!! (That last picture says it all eh!!) I just love seeing your family and the love that you all share with each other. Your photos and words just vibrate with it! I do hope that your tummy feels better soon! I am praying that it does anyways! Try not to overdo things!! (I know, talking to the wall here!!!) I love you sweet friend and want you to be well. ((((hugs)))) I can't wait to talk to you again. xxoo
Mom, Great Sunday Six. I love the picture of Dad in the swing, that is awesome! We sure wish we were there to enjoy your beautiful home and yard. Hopefully soon. I love you! XXXOOO
Hi Lura. Loved the pic of John in the swing...and all the rest also.
Yes, I did receive the info on the insurance, and printed it off for safe keeping.
Your yard looks beautiful. And I am so envious you are able to hang your clothes outside. They always smell so fresh and clean. Beats the dryer every time.
Looking forward to January also.
LOL
Okay, so not only did that last picture make me smile, but I laughed out loud. :) Too cute! Kids are so funny. Looks like a great weekend, sorry your stomach was upset. If it helps, mine was giving me problems as well (still is a bit), ugh! No fun at all. And I think a party every week is a grand idea; hey, whatever you need to help you clean, right?!?
Oh THERE you are!
If I was a visitor to your house I'm sure I could find more things to look at than a tiny bit of dust in a corner. In fact, as we say over here, a blind man would be GLAD to see it.
I have arranged for the tummy angel to call and fix you up toot sweet.
love, Angie, xx
Hanging clothes sounds like a good idea...it would save on the dryer!
hi this is Amanda i love to hear about sunday sex i just love it the last pic was funney
You guys always have so much fun! I love that you share with us.
I LOVE YOUR PICS!! YOUR POOL LOOKS LOVELY..YOUR BIRTHDAY POST FOR MARIE WAS GREAT TOO!
TAKE CARE...
Hi Lura, I've been so behind in my blog reading...it was fun to read yours and catch up on what you've been doing. Looks like a fun summer at your house. Your grandkids are darling and I'm glad you have some close by to enjoy. We are headed to Midway next weekend for a mini C3rd Ward reunion, I'm really looking forward to it. We sure had some great people come and go from that ward. I hope you have another great week.
Look at that cute little bum!!!
You post made me hungry with all your family celebrations and the yummy food...:)
Hope all is well
What a cute little butt. He reminds me of the Coppertone baby. Remember that commercial?
Post a Comment