It is late Thursday night here in CA. on Marie's birthday.I was so busy all day that I did not get a chance to get to my computer until now.
John and I just got home from working in the temple but I can't go to bed until I wish
Marie of Oak Cottage
a happy 54th birthday.
Of course it is no longer August 13th in England.
So I guess this will have to be
a Happy Belated Birthday Marie.
...
I Think that most of you who read my blog know and love Marie, but if you don't, hop on over to England and read her blog A year from Oak Cottage. She publishes a delightful post every day. I am sure that you will be glad that you took the time to visit her. While you are there please wish her a happy birthday. She will appreciate it.....belated or not.

Let me tell you a little about what Marie stands for.
...
M -is for Merry. She works with a grin.
She sees the bright side, no matter what spot she's in.
...
A- is for Artistic. She paints all the while.
A- is for Artistic. She paints all the while.
Her sweet little people make everyone smile.
...
R-is for Reliable. She serves with a smile.
She does all that's required ,then goes the next mile.
...
I-is for intelligent. Marie knows what to do.
She gives good advice and recipes too.
...
E-is for Exceptional. We all know it is true.
You're a rare treasure, Marie, and I 'm blessed to know you.
...
(O.K.... I know that is a corny poem...but give me a break ...it is after midnight now....
I can hardly keep my eyes open, much less think clearly
...but....
this poem was written with love...so that makes corny O.K....right???)

Sweet friend I am sorry that this greeting is belated for you.
I am sending you loads and loads of love and this birthday cake.
You can eat all you want of this cyber-cake because it is calorie free and won't spoil your diet.
You can even have some for Friday morning breakfast...I won't tell.
...
Thank you for being such a dear person...such a good example...and such a great friend.
I love you to bits.
Happy belated birthday.
Love, Lura







13 comments:
I echo every word! Even your poem. Marie is a star in my eyes - and so are you Lura!
love, Angie, xx
How sweet of you.
Happy birthday, Marie.
Hi this is Amanda happy birthday well tell her that well thanks see ya
what a sweet poem lura(not corny!) happy birthday sweet marie-we all love you!
Happy Birthday Again Marie! Isn't Lura just the best. We are so blessed to have her a our friend. I'd say you're pretty special too. Hope your day was spectacular!
Great tribute and she deserves every word. I wished her happy birthday on her blog!
I hope you feel better esto pronto.
Hi Lura - it's me again. I just read your comment on "Oak Cottage" (Saturday morning) that you haven't been too well of late. Please take good care of yourself my dear friend and get fit very soon.
love, Angie, xx
Oh Lura! How did I miss this! My blog list didn't update obviously! My sweet friend, I'm not sure I deserve all these lovely things you have said about me, but I'll take them and cherish every word. You have to know that as much as I mean to you, you mean the same and more to me. Oh how I wish we lived in the same town so that we could do things together often. You are a delight to me. DO get well soon. I love you and I hate it when you are not feeling well. I worry about you. You're very special to me. They say that friends are family you get to choose for yourself, well . . . I choose you sweet Lura. You are my sister, my friend, my inspiration, and a great joy in my life. I love you so much!! xxoo
PS I didn't think the poem was corny at all. I thought it was beautiful. I hope you don't mind but I've printed it out and put it into my book of remembrances.
What a lovely birthday tribute to Marie. And something else I missed during my time away from Blogland. :-(
Excuse, I have removed this idea :)
Also that we would do without your remarkable phrase
In my opinion here someone has gone in cycles
I can suggest to come on a site where there is a lot of information on a theme interesting you. Hot Health
Post a Comment