We do indeed have many, many blessings....too many to count...we all love each other and have our health and strength...for which I am very thankful.
My sweet daughter sent me the following story in an email.
It's message is a perfect reminder for us. Take a minute to read it.
It has a message that we all need to remember...especially in times of stress.
Malachi 3:3 says: 'He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.'
This verse puzzled a group in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.
One of them offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.
That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining Silver.
As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.
The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then she thought again about the verse that says: 'He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver.' She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.
The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed..
The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, 'How do you know when the silver is fully refined?' He smiled at her and answered, 'Oh, that's easy -- when I see my image in it.'
If today you are feeling the heat of the fire , remember that God has his eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.
Pass this on to someone who needs to know that God is watching over them.
And, whatever they're going through, they'll be a better person in the end.
...
This story gives us a great message.
It has been a hard week....and things may be difficult for a while....but we will be o.k. and hopefully come out even better in the end.
We know that God is watching over us... and all will be well... that knowledge makes us smile.
I am wishing you smiles this week too.
(((hugs))) Lura







11 comments:
i'm so sorry for whatever is wrong right now:( makes me sad to know you and your family have been struggling and in tears. hope things get better. . .
and thank you for sharing that story. it was BEAUTIFUL. i had never read that one before. loved it.
sending lots of love and a hug,
hoLLy
Oh Lura, I am so sorry there has been smething difficult for you this week. It can be hard to remember our blessings when faced with something hard. What a wonderful story your daughter sent you. A great reminder for all of us.
Sending warm hugs, Linda
My heart is broken that you have had a difficult and teary week. I will pray for a quick resolution, and that it might be the desire of your heart. I so hope that it's not your health. I do so worry about you when your stomach is acting up. I'm sending lots of love and lots of hugs!!
I am so sorry for your hard times. I only like to think of your radiant smile. But if anyone understands the workings of the spirit, and seeking guidance, it is you. My prayers are with you sweetie!
Beautiful post Lura. Life is sure a mixed bag isn't it? Filled with ups and downs. Sometimes you feel like Teviya in Fiddler on the Roof and you want to shake your fist at the sky and ask God, why do you have to love me quite so much! We are all being refined, and sometimes it feels like hell, but underneath it all we are so lucky to be blessed with the quiet assurance that Our Heavenly Father is in charge of the flame and He will not allow us to burn up in the fire. I feel so thankful that I know these precious truths. I am keeping you all in my heart and prayers and hoping that things work out for the best. For now we see through a glass darkly . . . I send you love and hugs my dear friend. xxoo
Thinking of you this week and praying that everything gets better.
I'm sorry you're hurting.
I am sorry you are having a rough week! I wish I could give you a big hug! That story gave me chills! It is so true. We all have to go through challenges but he is there and does care! Thank you for sharing! I also love the pictures it is so true that we have so many blessings! Love you, Kelsi
Hi this s Amanda 2 things i love the pics i and 2 im so sorry for whatever is wrong right now :(
I am so sorry for what is going on. It breaks my heart to know that you're having a difficult time. I hope all gets better. I'm sorry, Lura.
Sending prayers your way Lura. blessings, marlene
Post a Comment