Hello again.
You might think that this is my brag post…… rather than my blog post.
It seems that Grammy’s News is about family 95% of the time.
Last post I bragged about my grandson Johnny, the gymnast.
This post I want to brag about his younger sister,our lovely Lonica, the dancer.
The list goes on and on. There is Claire the opera singer and her brother, EJ, the trumpet player. I can’t leave out Jalen, the missionary or Justin the returned missionary who is an army reserves medic now….or any of the other 8 grands that are darling and precious and make my heart sing.
I sometimes manage to write about something other than family but not very often. That is why I’m thinking about stopping blogging.
I started blogging when I retired 7 years ago as a way to keep in touch with my children and grands who live out of state. They all blogged back then…. but they don’t now. They instagram instead and they are too busy to read my posts. I can’t imagine that all of my family stuff is of interest to other bloggers.
Maybe it is time I hang up the Windows Live Writer and Blogspot and call it a day…. but … I like blogging as a way of documenting special times and my thoughts. I’ve met many blog friends whom I dearly love and feel close to. I don’t get many comments but the ones I get make my heart smile and support me. I would miss that. So…. I am torn about the decision.
Meanwhile…. I’ll tell you what Loni was doing while Johnny was competing at the national gymnastics meet.
She was competing in a “Open Call” dance competition in Los Angeles.
I’m sorry I don’t remember their names, but she had classes with some choreographers from the TV show “So You Think You can Dance”
They gave her many good tips to help her improve her skills. She was determined to compete even though she broke her foot and has to have surgery to put a pin in it.
The doctor wrapped it tightly and gave her pain pills and off she went to dance. (Even though this Grammy didn’t think she should)
She is one determined little dancer. In spite of dancing on a broken foot, she was chosen out of 100s of dancers to be in the top 20 (or maybe it was top 10.. I forget???) and won a scholarship to attend next years dance conservatories where she can train with top choreographers again.
She was thrilled and I am very proud of her. Now I hope she will rest after having her foot surgery and give her bone a chance to heal.
Tomorrow I am going to an orchestra concert where EJ is 1st trumpet. In spite of getting braces on, he is the featured soloist in Bugler’s Holiday.
How can this Grammy not brag a bit? I guess that is just what Grammies do. I’m sure you feel the same about your family.
Thanks for letting me carry on about my grands.
Have a great week…. Hugs, Lura







12 comments:
Wow! You do have some extra special grand kids there, Lura!!! They are lovely, and talented too. But most of all, they are loving and kind, family members!
Think of you often. And hope that you are stronger every day. I have been especially busy this season in my life.
xo Kris
Oh sometimes I just get one comment and I have had times where no one commented:) I love to read about your family and what is important to you. You have shared some beautiful talent that your grandkids have and I cherish that actually. In a day and age when most young kids think rap is THE music or Hip Hop. Where they glorify entertainers who are abusive, nasty, and ignorant and they think Michael Jackson is the king of everything instead of looking behind those dark doors...it has been a resounding pleasure to see what your grandkids are doing and how proud you are. I hope you continue to blog even if it is about a beautiful day because it places smiles on peoples' faces-that is rare:)
Oh Lura PLEASE PLEASE don't give up on your blogging. I so enjoy reading about your family and adventures...Reading about the family makes me almost think they are my extended family as well..however would I get to know how they are all getting on...When you think of how much we all prayed and prayed for your recovery you must know that although perhaps not many leave comments on your blog they still enjoy popping in and out..(.I know I am one to speak) I gave up my blog a long while ago now as I seemed always to be writing the same thing and had few readers. I admit that occasionally I do miss writing, but I try to keep up with the faithful ones by occasionally sending a newsy letter !! Mary and I are away on our cruise to Iceland and Norway next Friday 30th. for 13 nights...so looking forward to the nice break from the usual routine. sending hugs and xxx your way
Oh Lura PLEASE PLEASE don't give up on your blogging. I so enjoy reading about your family and adventures...Reading about the family makes me almost think they are my extended family as well..however would I get to know how they are all getting on...When you think of how much we all prayed and prayed for your recovery you must know that although perhaps not many leave comments on your blog they still enjoy popping in and out..(.I know I am one to speak) I gave up my blog a long while ago now as I seemed always to be writing the same thing and had few readers. I admit that occasionally I do miss writing, but I try to keep up with the faithful ones by occasionally sending a newsy letter !! Mary and I are away on our cruise to Iceland and Norway next Friday 30th. for 13 nights...so looking forward to the nice break from the usual routine. sending hugs and xxx your way
Since finding you through the A/Z Challenge, I have enjoyed reading your posts and hearing about your grandchildren's achievements. I do admire your grand daughter for dancing despite the injury, I guess the old theory "the show must go on?" but I too would be questioning the decision to perform. Congrats to all your grandchildren and their many talents and achievements. With all the bad things going on in the world and the bad news we seem to read and hear about every day, it is refreshing to read something positive like your blog. Whatever you choose to do with blogging, I know it will be the best decision for you :)
betty
Wonderful news about all your grandchildren! And thank you so much for coming! It really helped my spirit!
I've been following you since this year's A-Z and enjoy your posts about your family. As to whether or not you should give up blogging - if you are not enjoying it then stop, if you still enjoy writing your posts then please do carry on. I think a lot of people read blogs but don't comment. I know with my own blog I don't always get comments but I enjoy writing them and I hope that people read it whether or not they comment. I've said it before and I will say it again, you have a lovely family.
Wow, what a great experience for Loni! :) I personally love reading your blog and reading about your family especially - even though I do sometimes forget to comment. You're all amazing. :) Love and hugs! Have a great day! <3
Oh dear friend I love hearing about your family. I think what you are doing is like keeping a good blog journal. I want you not to think about quitting this one.
I think you should blog about your grandchildren; they are talented and I would shout it to the world.
Don't feel sad about your family not reading them; mine don't read my posts either.
Another thought each year you can publish this is a blog book and it will be your family history journal.
Blessings, hugs and love to you dear friend. Just keep up those smiles because they do spread.
Oh Lura, I would miss it so very much if you were to hang up your blogging keyboard. You say you think your posts are uninteresting? I think they are just wonderful. Please PLEASE don't give it up. Whenever you post it is just like having a visit with you. I love you so much and with the time difference we never get to talk anymore. Reading your blog posts are a special way of me keeping in touch with you. I would miss them so very much.
Loni is such a talented young lady, no surprise there! All of your grands are talented in unique ways. You are so blessed. I hope her foot heals properly. I hope it wasn't damaged more by dancing on it. Brave young lady!
Love you very much my friend. xxoo
Stop blogging??? Please dismiss this thought. I love reading about your family or anything else you choose to write about. You put positive thoughts into the world and I can feel them 3,000 miles away.
Lura sometimes I think the same thing but then I remember the reason I began blogging - documenting my life for my children and grandchildren. It's true they don't have time now to read all my posts. Truth be told they don't read very many at all. :) However, I would be thrilled beyond belief if my mother had written a blog that I could go back to these 10 years after her death and "visit" with her. Someday what I write will be a comfort to my children....I just know it. blessings, marlene
Post a Comment