I am smiling from ear to ear. It has been a great week. Two wonderful things happened.
Our grandson, Johnny, turned 17 and got a call from the President of the USA Gymnastic committee telling him……
….That he was being put on the USA National team.
Johnny and all of us are thrilled.
Even though he came in 7th in the nation at the P & G Championships in August, he did not find out that he had made the team until last week.
Johnny has worked hard for this every since he was a little boy.
Johnny about 7
Johnny at 17.
Since he was a young boy, it has been his goal to be on the USA Olympic team.
He is well on his way. If he can continue on this path, hopefully he will see his lifelong dream come true in 2016.
WELL DONE DEAR JOHNNY!
I ‘m sending hugs and best wishes to all of you.







7 comments:
This really is wonderful news. Johnny sure does have an amazing, strong looking body. He has worked so hard. This success is thrilling
How exciting Lura!!! Wonderful news! Congratulations Johnny!!!!
xo Kris
wow, that is so awesome. You should be busting your buttons with pride on this one. He looks well built and ready for the challenge.
Thanks for your apple recipe. Now I need to find time to go out and pick them off my overloaded tree.
Blessings, hugs and love to you!
You must all be so proud of Johnny. I see some hard decisions coming his way when he turns 18. What to do. It isn't a choice I would want to make. I am sure he will make the right one, no matter what. I wish him all the best. I just know we will all be saying one day as he stands on the Olympic podium receiving the gold that we knew him when! Love you my friend. xxoo
He's not mind but proud of him.Can't wait to see him win the Glod. I know he will one day. My prayers go out for him.And for you and yours.ooxx
WooHoo for Johnny! That is so awesome, I know you're proud.
Oh my how exciting! He is as close to "knowing" some one that I will ever get. I will say, I know his Grandma!We have prayed for one another and our friends. Can't get any better than that. Seriously Lura, I can't imagine how proud you all are.
Post a Comment