Hello Blog friends,
This is the post that I could not get to publish last week. It is a week old news now but I guess it is better late than never. I am smiling that I finally got it to publish!
Hello again. I have birthday smiles to share with you from EJ’s birthday this past Wed. Our dear E.J. turned 13 just 2 days after his mama’s birthday. In fact, the year he was born Mindy’s water broke just before the birthday dinner party I was giving for her. I had to call and tell the guests not to come…. turn off all the food I was cooking… and rush off to the hospital. We got there just in time for EJ’s birth. It took Mindy 9 years to get her baby…. but he must have been ready to get here because he was born only 45 minutes after Mindy got to the hospital.
I can’t believe that it has already been 13 years and her first born is a teenager now.
He chose to have Mexican food for his birthday dinner. I love Mexican food so that made me smile.
Then we went back to his house to continue our celebration.
Since he is a good trumpet player, he had no trouble blowing out the 13 candles.
He liked the special pencil we brought him back from Hawaii….. but I’m sure he likes the money that was wrapped around it even more.
We love this sweet grandson so much. We enjoyed being with him and celebrating his 13th birthday. That made us smile.
More smiles can from a surprise visit from John’s oldest brother, Forrest and his sweet wife RoLayne. It is always nice when we get to spend some time with them.
I’m always sad when we have to cut down our trees, but it had to be done last week. A big branch from our pecan tree got so heavy that it broke off and fell on our roof. Luckily it didn’t do any damage. That made us smile.
John hired tree cutters to do the work. I was glad I didn’t have to worry about him falling and breaking his neck. Smile….smile
The tree cutters also cut out a lot of dead wood to help keep us safer from fire risk. That made me smile too.
These are the pecans that came off of the broken branch. There are hundreds of them. I can’t wait to use them in my holiday baking. … smile…. smile
…..
I am kidney stone free at last!
My kidney stone zapping surgery procedure was moved up a week.
You can tell from my smiles that I was glad to get this done. However, these pictures were taken before the procedure. I wasn’t a bit worried about having it done. I thought it would be a piece of cake. I even told Mindy I would babysit for her that night…. and had company stopping by to visit.
BUT I WAS WRONG!!!!! I’ve really had a hard time since it was done. I’m in lots of pain. I wasn’t planning on this. I was ready to be pain free at last as well as kidney stone free. What’s up with this????
Oh well, they gave me pain pills…… that makes me smile.
I hope I will have a good health report to tell you next week.
Have a great week. Hugs to all.







11 comments:
Hi Lura,
I am sorry to hear you have had to have surgery. I hope that after healing, you will be free of any pain from kidney stones again!
My neighbor has pecans, and they are oh so good!!! Hope you have been well.
Happy Birthday to your handsome teenage grand son!!!
xo Kris
Oh Lura, so sorry to hear that you are still in a lot of pain. ((((hugs)))) Hoping and praying you get relief soon! Loved all your Birthday Smiles. You have such a lovely family! Everyone is so good looking and I know from experience that they are also beautiful inside. Credit to both you and John. I love you all. xxoo
PS - Love, LOVE Pecans!
Lura I'm so glad you got your surgery over with - even though you're having pain now at least you know the end is in sight. We have to have some trees removed in our yard too. :( blessings, marlene
I always love your smiles and especially the family ones. What a handsome young teenage grandson you have.
We had to cut down some trees in our last home and you are blessed to get some pecans out of it. One of our tree's broke in half and landed on our deck. I am very happy you didn't have any damage.
I am happy you had your surgery; but unhappy that you are in pain. You will be in my prayers.
Love you much dear sister!
Blessings and hugs!
Hi Lura: I am finally back and have a brand new look to my blog. I can't post yet but within a day or so. Your post was a great and fun one...about the birthday party, etc. but the part about the kidney stone, not so much. I hope you are feeling better now. I am dealing, for the past 7 weeks with (I think) a bone spur in my heel. I finally get into the Dr. on Monday so I will finally see what is causing such miserable pain. So come back to visit me in a couple of days for my first post on my NEW LOOK. {{HUGS}} Joy
Hi Lura: I am finally back and have a brand new look to my blog. I can't post yet but within a day or so. Your post was a great and fun one...about the birthday party, etc. but the part about the kidney stone, not so much. I hope you are feeling better now. I am dealing, for the past 7 weeks with (I think) a bone spur in my heel. I finally get into the Dr. on Monday so I will finally see what is causing such miserable pain. So come back to visit me in a couple of days for my first post on my NEW LOOK. {{HUGS}} Joy
Oh I'm glad you got to post all these darling pictures. You look so cute at the hospital. Love you!!!
So glad surgery is over,praying for you to be pain free. Love the picture's.Take care(((HUGS)))
Dear Lura Im sorry you have to had a surgery but Im glas all is OK.
Beautiful pictures of your family like always, blessings!!xo
45 minutes? Lucky lady!
Mexican food sounds soooo yummy right now.
I'm glad you are kidney stone free, and hope you are now pain free from it. That's not fun at all.
Lura, I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery and pain. Hope you are feeling all better now.
Post a Comment