Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Wedding Smiles

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

We packed a lot into our 10 days in Utah. As you know we got to welcome our Justin home from his mission in Guatemala. The following Friday we also got to attend my great nephew’s wedding and reception.

IMG_5984

We all met at the Draper temple on that beautiful Friday morning. The last time I was in this beautiful temple was a few years ago during it’s open house before it was dedicated. My dear blog friend, Marie was visiting from England. After spending a wonderful week with her watching her daughter, Eileen compete  the Special Olympics in Idaho, we took Marie around Salt Lake, showing her as many of the church historical sites as possible. We really enjoyed being able to go through this lovely House of the Lord while she was here.  Being in the Draper temple made me smile.

IMG_5972IMG_5973

It was wonderful to be with this sweet couple as they were married for time and all eternity.

IMG_5974IMG_5975

After serving as a missionary, Derek joined the military…. and then met Jenessa. They make a darling couple.

IMG_5977IMG_5980

IMG_5983

Derek is Betsy and Bob’s next to the youngest child. They have one younger son who was not at the wedding because he is serving as a missionary in Thiland. However, the rest of the family was there.

It was great getting to spend some time with my niece, Betsy and all of her family. I don’t get to see them near as often as I would like to… so this day with all of them was special.

IMG_5989IMG_5993

After the morning wedding and pictures  at the temple were taken, the family met together for lunch where we visited some more.Three of my nephews and their wives came from Arizona. I was so happy that we got to visit with Tom and Terri, Richard and Cindy……. and…

IMG_5990

 

Jim and Joan…. and some of their children. What a treat that was for us because we rarely get to Arizona to visit them. That evening we all attended a beautiful reception.

 

IMG_5988

Erin and Lynell enjoyed seeing their cousins and Arizona family too.

IMG_5991IMG_5996

At the reception we enjoyed the good food and delicious cake…. and then we had fun dancing the night away.

IMG_5994IMG_5995

Of course the bride and groom were darling and the stars of the show….

IMG_5997IMG_6000IMG_6001IMG_5996

But I thought Lynell, Loni and the rest of the family were pretty darn cute too. I just loved watching Chad dance with his little boy…..

IMG_6003IMG_6004IMG_6005

And Grampy and Loni cutting the rug.

IMG_5999

I am happy that we could spend this time with my niece and nephews and their families. It was simply a wonderful day…. and as you can see I was grinning from ear to ear. Smile….smile….smile

I feel really blessed that the kidney stone which had been so painful just the week before had settled down and behaved itself so I could make this trip to Utah and enjoy these special times with family.

I hope that you are all doing well. I’ve enjoyed catching up on reading your blogs this week.  I’m sending hugs to you and wishes for a great week.

 

10 comments:

Cathyjo said...

What a post just fill of Smile's, lovely and fun picture's.So glad you all had a grate time.
Thank you for droping by and leveing me hugs I realy needed them.I love hugs but get verry few.
I hope you stay well.ooxx

Buttercup said...

Lovely pictures. So enjoy celebration photos. Wishing you many, many happy times! Glad you're feeling better and could make the trip. I see a rehab doctor tomorrow. I am doing well, but want to be sure that I have tried all that is available for as good a recovery as I can achieve. Hugs to you and John!

Marie Rayner said...

Lots of lovely smiles here Lura. Time and all eternity. Our church has so many wonderful blessings available to those that take it into their hearts. I am so grateful that Todd and I are sealed for Time and All Eternity in the Temple. I cannot imagine anyone not wanting to be with their spouse forever instead of just til death do they part. I have so many fond memories of our time together in Utah and Idaho Lura and lovely memories of your family and our visit to the Draper Temple. You and your family were so very good and kind to me while I was there. It seems like just yesterday and I carry it always in my heart. Love you to pieces my sweet friend. xxoo

Jan's Blog said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Everything looks so beautiful!!!

Jan's Blog said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Everything looks so beautiful!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

There's nothing more fun than weddings! Jerry is having problems with a kidney stone too. :( blessings, marlene

LeAnn said...

I am so happy that you were able to make this trip. I loved all of the wedding photos. I really like the beautiful brides dress. I always enjoy your smiles. Now you are home I hope that you are doing well and that your kidney stones have been taken care of. You will be in my prayers.
Blessings and hugs to you Lura! you are such a special sister and I feel privileged to know and love you.

joyh82 said...

Congrats to the beautiful couple and to the whole family. What a beautiful dress she had. My son will be getting married next Oct 19th. Thanks for the kind note you left about my losing my dog...I so appreciate it. Hugs!

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

What a wonderful time you had :) Im glad you were feeling well enough to enjoy it

hoLLy said...

ok, the brides dress is just gorgeous! if there was one thing i could change about my wedding, it would be my dress...we had no options for modest dresses in south texas..the only modest ones were puffy sleeved which i was totally not digging:) so i had basically one choice in this one little bridal shop. i wish the internet had been as big as it is now and that i could've ordered online or something from a utah bridal place with lots of modest options. anyways, not sure why i'm commenting about this. but its on my mind:) haha. i just didn't looove my dress. they are a beautiful couple-what a fun trip! you and john are one busy exciting couple!