All of my smiles today are extra special….
…. Because they are Happy Birthday smiles for our dear daughter
Melinda….. or Mindy…. as everyone calls her.
No parents ever had a dearer daughter than our Mindy.
Mindy is beautiful inside and out.
She is truly a rose in the garden of my life.
It was fun planning a birthday dinner for her…. She is easy to please and would have been happy with anything but I wanted to do something special for her. Our menu was…..
Appetizer- Chicken teriyaki lettuce wraps
Strawberry Jell-O cups and fresh pineapple
Grilled Rib eye steaks
Baked potatoes and corn on the cob
Home made rolls and strawberry jam
Grampy’s special guava juice frosty
Birthday cake and ice cream
It was yummy and enjoyed by all.
It was just a small family gathering….. but there was lots of love.
Each child had picked out cards and gifts for their sweet mom….with some help from their dad….
Mindy loved each one.
She couldn’t think of anything John and I could give her. She needs a new purse and new exercise shoes but she wanted to pick those out herself…. so we gave her a new wallet with some cash. It was a small package but I wrapped it up 10 times so it took her a while to get it unwrapped.
Our birthday evening ended with us singing happy birthday and Mindy trying to blow out the candles before the kids did. You may have noticed that this is not the same cake as in the first picture. I got her a chocolate fudge cake and Ernie got her a Cold Stone ice cream cake. We decided to eat the ice cream cake and save the fudge cake until later..(unless I eat it first)
I had so much fun planning for Mindy’s birthday this past week. It is wonderful that she lives near by, unlike our other children, and we can be with her on her birthday.
She is a wonderful daughter….wife…. mother….sister…. person… daughter of God.
She is smart, hard working, loving, religious and kind.
It took Mindy 9 years of trying to get pregnant before she was blessed with her first child. During that difficult time she kept herself busy getting 2 bachelor degrees and a masters degree. She works as a speech therapist helping and teaching children at the same school her little ones attend. That way the kids get to go to school/work with her each day. It is a great arrangement for them.
HAPPY BIRTDAY DEAR DAUGHTER
YOU FILL MY HEART WITH SMILES
I hope that all of you blog friends have had a good week too.
Many hugs, Grammy Lura







10 comments:
Lura, what a beautiful celebration for a lovely daughter. I love seeing pictures of you with your family and all of the happy family times you are able to share with each other. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Mindy. She is such a beautiful girl and Ernie is so handsome, it is no wonder your grandchildren are so good looking too, as are you and John! You are so beautiful to me, and not just because of that super beautiful smile and face of yours, but also because of that beautiful woman inside. I cherish always those few days we got to spend with each other and laugh together. You were, are and always will be a special blessing to me. I love you very much. xxoo
Happy happy birthday to Mindy! What a lucky woman to have such a great family!
And of course, the menu looks amazing.
Happy Birthday to your dear Mindy!! I am so very behind in getting around to visit my favorite blogs. I am so sorry. I am trying to stay caught up though.
Hugs,
Kris
Belates Happy Birthday Mindy, Glad you had such a lovely day...What a wonderful family you all are. Wishing you ALL a wonderful peaceful week xxx
A belated Happy Brithday to Mindy.Love all the pic's and the Smiles, sorry I can't to keep track of B-Days.ooxx
Happy birthday to Mindy, just a bit late! blessings, marlene
What a beautiful party it was... and such lovely children and grandchildren. It was so fun being a part of your preparations for Mindy's birthday. She is so clearly adored by you! Hope to see you soon!!!
Happy belated birthday to Mindy dear Lura!! Absolutely nice pictures like always.
I saw the weedings pictures too!
Was a crazy week this days because our old dog (Rex) is sick and we havce to made him a surgery (difficult) and he still is on the Clinic:( so many things dear a lot of hugs to you!!
Love Erin kids are so cute!!
happy birthday to your daughter! i haven't met her but meeting her children was so fun! what a beautiful family. and she is SO lucky to have you guys so close. it makes me sad that i can't see my own mom as much as i would like :( i wish she could make me a birthday cake on my birthday! i made my own this year...
What a wonderful birthday celebration for your dear daughter. She would have to be fantastic because she has such great parents. Your family is amazing and I love seeing your smiles. You do have such a beautiful daughter and your grandchildren are adorable.
I can tell that Mindy had a great celebration and I loved the menu.
Blessings and hugs to you all!
Post a Comment