Every trip to Utah involves Karaoke time. Our son, David even built a Karaoke stage in his family room.
Everybody gets in on the act…. from the youngest to the oldest.
Karaoke always makes me smile.
Back yard basketball games and trampoline fun also makes me smile.
Eating shamrock cookies one the pack porch brings smiles too.
Having lunch with my Niece and my blog friend LeAnn was special.
Attending John’s brother’s 84 birthday dinner was a highlight.
These are John’s two older brothers. It is always nice to get together.
Happy Birthday to Forrest.
Going to watch Lonica dance is special
She came in first on both of her solo dances and was crowned queen.
Lynell’s little dance team came in first too. And one of Lynell’s teams was selected by the judges to be their favorite group dance of the whole show. That made my sweet choreographer/ dance teacher daughter very happy and I was bursting with smiles.
The grand finale was attending the Utah state gymnastics' meet to watch Johnny. I will share those pictures another time.
This time last year I was painfully holding on to life in Intensive Care. What a blessing that I could make this trip and enjoy all these smile. I give thanks to God for our wonderful family… and that we get to be with them quite often even though most of them live 2 states away from us.
I am taking a little trip with some friends. I may have limited internet time…. but I will be thinking of you and be in touch when I get back.
Until then….. I hope that all is well with you and yours.
Hugs, Grammy Lura
I







10 comments:
Love your smiles as always Lura and seeing photos of your family always makes me smile. Knowing that you have come such a long way in the past year and are well on the road to complete recovery also makes me smile in the biggest way! I, for one (and I know I'm not alone) am ever grateful that you were able to make it through this past year. You are such an inspiration to me and to many others. I love you to pieces! xxoo Happy journies and safe landings! ;-)
Looks like a little bit of heaven on earth. Always love seeing photos from your family trips. You are well blessed!!! Love you darling friend!!!
Oh how wonderful it is that you and John are still with us to share your smiles and then in turn to turn them into my smiles..
Have a loevly break Think you and I will be back around the same time..with hopefully tales to tell
Love Sybil xx Take Care and God Bless xxx
As Jan say's it looks like a bit of haven on earth,how blessed you are.So good to see you enjoying life, bring's me joy.00xx
first of all, your son is so awesome to make a karaoke stage!! love it!!
and congrats to your grandkids and their accomplisments in dance and gymnastics. what talents!!
glad you were able to make this trip this year!! you have such a wonderful family..because you are wonderful! :) xoxo
Great to read your blog today Lura. It certainly brought a smile to my face to see all the happiness your family brings to you and John . Love the karaoke stage. This weekend my daughter is performing in a show at our church . All the proceeds are donated to a local cancer wellness center . She is singing a song called 'you are my all in all' She had a practice run last Easter Sunday in church and all our family came . My Mom said she had never seen anyone get a standing ovation in church before (accept for the reason we go to church right , to praise God) A lot of people shed a tear or two . So glad to hear you are taking a trip soon with your friends Lura. Have a wonderful time. xoxo
Visiting you and your family always makes ME smile Lura! I hope your Easter was full of countless blessings and now I hope you having a wonderful time on your trip! Sometimes life is such that blogging takes a back seat. That is the case here right now. I don't feel as compelled to post like i used to but at the same time, i ma not ready to say goodbye to the blog world. But being with family and friends in person is the perfect reason to step back from the blog world for awhile. Just know even when I am not posting or commenting, I am always reading your latest installment and smiling along with you!
Many warm hugs across the miles!
Lura, you have an amazingly talented family! Wow, such athleticism.Your post make me smile too, I love your energetic family. Much like my own.
Lura: If I had 1/2 the talent your family has I would be a happy camper! So happy you were able to do this trip and your are having such a wonderful time. See, God does answer prayers
I, too, am away from the blogging world right now....very busy and getting house in order before I make a trip in May for a college graduation. please continue to be an inspiration to us all...it is needed all over the world.
{{HUGS}}
Joy
Loved all of your smiles and loved getting to have lunch with you. You have such a talented family and I enjoyed the pictures of your trip. Do have fun with your friends and I will look forward to your smiles when you get home. Blessings, hugs and love to you!
Post a Comment