Friday, October 1, 2010

Birthday Smiles for Jordan and Gracie and news

I couldn't wait until Sunday to share my smiles this week.
I am full of Happy Birthday smiles
for Jordan and Gracie.
First I will share my smiles....and then I will tell you my news.
...
This week 2 of my grandchildren had birthdays.
Our Jordan turned 22 last Tuesday on Sept. 28th.
How I love this dear young man who was the first to make me a Grammy...
When we are visiting him, he never leaves the house without giving me a hug and telling me that he loves me. He is great with his cousins and siblings.
Jordan makes me smile.
...and...

Our little pixie Gracie Lynn turned 8 today.

I could not be with either of them... but I am sending them lots of love.

Gracie I have your confirmation dress all finished except for
some of the hand work.
I will get it done tomorrow. That makes me smile.
I did not mail it to you since you are coming here to be baptised and confirmed.
I can't wait to give it to you.
It was made with love for this special 8th birthday.
...
Here are some pictures of Jordan, Gracie and the rest of us at Snake River this past July.
Our son David, Gracie's dad, wanted me to send these pictures to them.

But maybe I shouldn't do it.
They may not let her come again after they see them.

This was Gracie's first time on the river....

She was really brave....and loved it....

...in spite of being such a wee one.

The most amazing thing that Gracie, Loni, Johnny, Jalen and E.J. did was
jumping off of a 30 foot cliff into the icy waters.

Climbing up to the cliff was a major accomplishment by itself.


Just thinking about jumping nearly gave me a heart attack .

Gracie really wanted to jump when she saw her cousins do it the day before.
She called home and got her dad's permission to do so.
(I had said no...I tell everyone NO! It scares me to death.)
Even though Gracie really wanted to do it,
she got scared when she got up there and saw how high it was.
Loni jumped in first to show her how to do it... but Grace was still afraid...
...but with lots of encouragement...
...and...
since there was no other way to get down ...

Gracie jumped!

What a brave little trooper you are Gracie Girl !
You were full of smiles after your jump and so were all of us.
Happy Birthday Dear.
I hope that you had a wonderful day.
Grampy and I love you very much.
...
These are my smiles for this week.
I hope that you have many smiles too.
...
Now for the NEWS!
I had planned on putting on a new post....instead of this p.s.
but I can't because...
MY BRAND NEW COMPUTER DIED!
Yes, that is right.
I got out my new lap top yesterday to read your blogs and do a post..
AND MY COMPUTER WOULD NOT BOOT UP.
##!!**///*ZIP!## NADA!!**##//
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
I had not backed up all the pictures because it was so new.
(John says I should know better.)
Well anyway...It is fatally ill and in the hospital for up to 2 weeks.
So I am back to borrowing use on a computer
or being computerless.
...
That is my bad news.... Now for the good news...
...
It is conference weekend.
Twice year the leaders of our church speak to us in
With Direct TV it is on channel 374.
I don't know about the other carriers but you can
click Here to find conference in your area or get it on your computer.
I hope that you will take a look and see for yourselves.
The talks are wonderfully inspiring.
They up lift and edify no matter what your religious beliefs.
...
I am sending hugs.... I will be back as soon as I can.
I will miss you until then.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my - Gracie should now change her name to Fearless Fred! I would never have dared anything like that........at ANY age. Mind you, I was once at the very top of York Minster tower (York, England)- many years ago of course - having braved a way overcrowded, very narrow spiral staircase with MILLIONS of steps, and the "quick" way down seemed for a little instant very inviting!

love to you and all your birthday kids, xxx

Jan's Blog said...

Lura, the dress is absolutely breathtaking. This picture doesn't do it justice, as having seen it in person, I am in awe of your talent and patience. The hand sewed tiny pearls are nothing short of spectacular.

Lura I am blessed to call you friend, and even more blessed to be living near you now. I look forward to spending time with you romping in and out of tea rooms.

As for Gracie jumping off that cliff, well she has more courage than me. The pictures made me shudder. That little girl will go far.

Love to you,
Jan

Anonymous said...

Your smiles totally made me smile today!! Thank you for posting such great smiles. I love all the wonderful and exciting things you post and love the smiles of all of you and your family!! Good job Gracie!! WOW!!!!

hoLLy said...

wow, that girl is brave! you couldn't pay me to jump off of that!! thats awesome.

and the dress is amazing! what a lucky little girl gracie is!! and happy birthday to her and your grandson-hope they had wonderful days!!

hope you are having a nice and uplifting conference weekend. take care! xoxo

Marie Rayner said...

Having met Jordan I know what a sweet young man he is. But that is no surprise as your whole family are very kind, dear and loving people, just like you and John! Happy Birthday to Gracie and Jordan! What a lovely dress you haved made for Gracie. I am sure she will be beautiful in it. Bad luck on the computer! Oh I can feel your pain. I know how hard it is when you cannot get online, and to think just 15 years ago I could not imagine ever wanting to have one. Now I could not imagine not having one. Through it I have been able to meet lovely women like yourself and Angie and others, who are all so very special and much loved by me. My invisible friends are the best. Love and hugs to you. Hope you are not without computer access for long. XXOO
PS - One of the best parts of conference was knowing that over there, halfway around the world, my dearest friend was watching and listening to the words right along with me. Ain't life grand!!

Sybil said...

What a wonderful little girl Gracie is..Brave aint the word..HERO maybe be best description !! I think my heart gave a leap when I saw the pictures.
So sorry about the laptop. do hope that you ar egetting a ne wone and not a repair. It was clearly "not fit for it's intended use"...that is over here anyway and it should have been replaced instantly..
I have been reading Maries words about the conferance weekend and many wonderful words and thoughts there for all Christians.
LOve Sybil x

Gracie and Sydnie said...

Hi. LOVE this post. Thank you.