Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Please help my friend

This dear lady is my blog friend Grandma B.
You can tell how good and kind she is just by looking at her sweet face.
She posts lovely poems, pictures and thoughts on her blog that uplift and encourage us bloggers.
Today she needs our help.
She is walking in the National Alliance of Mental Illness walk-a-thon (NAMI).
She has done this for several years.
She walks for her daughter who has schizophrenia.
Having a child with a mental illness has been challenging.
For this reason she calls her blog The Long Journey .
...
She is trying to raise money for NAMI though this walk which will be held on Sept. 26th.
Would you please click onto her blog The Long Journey link to read about this cause and donate... Or click HERE to go directly to the walk-a-thon donation page.
Every dollar helps.
Give what you can.
I did and it only takes a couple of minutes.
The money will go to a good cause and be appreciated.
Thanks, Lura

4 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks for posting this Lura! I am on my way over after I leave here! You are so thoughtful to tell us all about it. It was so nice to speak to you yesterday, even if it was only for a few minutes. My mom came through her eye operation ok and I spoke to her after you. She thinks it went well this time so that is a relief! I send love and hugs and happy day wishes to you my special friend! xxoo
oh, and to John too! lol

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a wonderful cause. Thanks for posting about it Lura. I will go over and check it out.

I hope you are doing well!

XOOX
Jen

Amandawhatever said...

Hi this is amanda how ar you doing i am in a hurry

The Blonde Duck said...

Poor thing.