He brings Grampy and me many smiles.
We love you Johnny!
Happy Birthday!!
...
I am also smiling as I think about our last anniversary.
It is about time...in fact I am way overdue...but better late than never.
After all, our 44th anniversary was July 9th...well I am only two months late. I want to share our wonderful Canadian cruise with you too. That was in May...even longer ago.... but it will have to wait until another week. Our anniversary was full of smiles...here is why...
...
When I am with John I feel like I am on top of the world.
Actually, for our anniversary, I really was.
We took the tram from Palm Springs up the mountain to Mount San Jacinto State Park.

It was beautiful there. ... a lovely place to spend the day...and... ...it was even more fun for us because our dear friends
Silvija and Ron went with us.
Ron was away on a business trip during their anniversary ...
...so...
we girls decided it would be fun to get together and get our guys away from home
for a double celebration.
(How could they say no to the two of us???)
We took the revolving tram up the steep mountain side.
Up we went....
higher and higher
But, when we were back down to earth....we were staying in the beautiful Westin Resort.
This is a time share owned by Sil and Ron.
They invited us to use it too.
Boy, did John luck out on that one....it was nicer than any hotel we would have paid to stay in.
Silvija made us a wonderful anniversary breakfast.
Do any of you remember our Big Mac breakfast story from last year when we stayed at the Sheraton? Well, Sil made sure that didn't happen again.
She also was our personal photographer.
We had such a good time.
...
The 9th of July fell on a Thursday...which is the day John and I serve in the Temple.
Redlands is about an hour from Palm Springs which is about the same as the distance to the temple from our home.
It was an easy drive for us to get the temple Thurs. afternoon.
It was nice spending our anniversary in the House of the Lord.
We took time out from our work assignments to sit together
Back at the resort Sil and I enjoyed the beautiful pools....
Since we both have pools at home, our hubbies did not find the pools as inviting as we girls did....but they were happy for us to splash around...so we did....
(the picture above is our rooms..they were really nice)

We enjoyed looking at the old planes.
We got to go through this big one...is it a B17???

We were really please that we got to meet him ... and we were in awe of the service he gave for our country.
Silvija and Ron went with us.
Ron was away on a business trip during their anniversary ......so...
we girls decided it would be fun to get together and get our guys away from home
for a double celebration.
(How could they say no to the two of us???)
We took the revolving tram up the steep mountain side.
Up we went....
higher and higherWhile we were up there we had a good meal in their pretty sky high restaurant .
It was all very nice. We all hated to come back down to earth.
It was all very nice. We all hated to come back down to earth.
But, when we were back down to earth....we were staying in the beautiful Westin Resort.This is a time share owned by Sil and Ron.
They invited us to use it too.
Boy, did John luck out on that one....it was nicer than any hotel we would have paid to stay in.
Silvija made us a wonderful anniversary breakfast.Do any of you remember our Big Mac breakfast story from last year when we stayed at the Sheraton? Well, Sil made sure that didn't happen again.
She also was our personal photographer.We had such a good time.
...
The 9th of July fell on a Thursday...which is the day John and I serve in the Temple.
Redlands is about an hour from Palm Springs which is about the same as the distance to the temple from our home.It was an easy drive for us to get the temple Thurs. afternoon.
It was nice spending our anniversary in the House of the Lord.
We took time out from our work assignments to sit together
...and reflect on our lives together
...and
the sacred marriage covenant we had made in the temple 44 years earlier.
It was a special evening for us.
It was a special evening for us.
Back at the resort Sil and I enjoyed the beautiful pools....(the picture above is our rooms..they were really nice)

...or they napped???
Romantic huh!!!
Oh well, Sil and I both knew that if we let our "old men" rest a bit they couldn't complain about being too tired to take us out at night. (See you learn these things through the years of marriage.)
...
...
All too soon our Anniversary get-away came to an end.
Saturday was our last day because we all had to be back home early on Sunday for church.
Saturday was our last day because we all had to be back home early on Sunday for church.
...
It is not easy for us girls to get our hard working guys away from home to relax and play.
We knew that we needed to plan a final activity that they would really enjoy.
So, we took them to the Aircraft museum.
...We knew that we needed to plan a final activity that they would really enjoy.
So, we took them to the Aircraft museum.
Ron is a retired Marine Colonel. He was a pilot during the Vietnam era.
We got to look at the plane he flew. (I forgot it's name...sorry...it is a one man fighter plane???)
He told us a lot about military aircraft that we did not know before.
It was very interesting.
He told us a lot about military aircraft that we did not know before.
It was very interesting.
We enjoyed looking at the old planes.
We got to go through this big one...is it a B17???Our guide was very informative.
He told us all sorts of stories about this plane.
He seemed to really know what he was talking about.
He seemed to really know what he was talking about.

And it is no wonder... He was it's pilot back in WWII..he flew it on 55 missions.
(Isn't he just the cutest thing! He was 23 in the picture below.)
We were really please that we got to meet him ... and we were in awe of the service he gave for our country.
We also enjoyed looking at the old cars that they had in the museum.
We stayed there for hours and hated to leave.
Sil and I enjoyed the day looking at all the exhibits but we had even more fun watching our hubbies enjoying themselves.
Sil and I enjoyed the day looking at all the exhibits but we had even more fun watching our hubbies enjoying themselves.
...
Well that is how we celebrated our anniversary this year.
It may not seem that exciting to you but it was perfect for us.
John and I are thankful for the 44 years of marriage we have shared
Well that is how we celebrated our anniversary this year.
It may not seem that exciting to you but it was perfect for us.
John and I are thankful for the 44 years of marriage we have shared
and for the family we are blessed to have.
We love being retired together.
We do not take these blessings or this time for granted.
You can see why memories of our anniversary fill me with smiles.
I hope that you are smiling too.
Have a good week.
Hugs, Lura










19 comments:
oh Lura, your anniversary post just fills my heart with joy. It is so nice to see you and John together doing what you do best, enjoying each other's company. Was glad to see that John's "hat" doesn't go with him to the temple though, lol. I love it! I just love the pair of you and am so blessed to be able to call you friends. May there be many, many more Happy Anniversaries for you to enjoy together. Wouldn't it be nice if Todd and I could help you celebrate your 50th! Oh what a wonderful idea, however I imagine your children have other ideas and so they should! I send love and hugs and I can't wait for Tuesday wishes. WIll be nice to hear your voice again. Happy Labour day! xxoo
Happy Anniversary! 44 years seems so long compared to our (almost) 3. How old were you guys when you got married? You getaway looks fantastic. I hope that when we have been married that long that we have half the energy you guys have!
I think that was a wonderful way to spend your anniversary!! I can't wait to see how you spend your 45th. Looking forward to reading about your cruise as well!
Happy Birthday to your handsome grandson as well.
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my last post!
hugs, Linda
Happy Anniversary Lura. It is truly a blessing from God when marriage becomes what He intended it to be. Jerry and I will celebrate 45 years in another month and I thank God for him every day. blessings, marlene
Happy Anniversary~late but still meant to congratulate you both. I loved reading about your travel that was really awesome. Hope that your rest of the week will be great as well. Take care of each other always.
Happy Anniversary! Boy am I glad the 2 of you found eachother. What a wonderful posterity you have turned out. I'm even more glad that I've had an opportunity to become acquainted with you. May you be blessed with many years to come!
Looks like you and John had a wonderful time. LOVE THE HAT!!
Our day was very laid back. Saturday we went to lunch and had a good time with 3 of the girls and 1 granddaughter.
This is week we are gearing up for Peach Days this coming weekend. NAMI has a Peach Cobbler Booth.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY --AGAIN !!! LOL
Congratulations, late.
I loved the story of your anniversary.
Sounds perfect to me.
We will be celebrating out 41st in December.
Didn't really do anything for our 40th, as we had a death, and a birth that same month.
So, maybe we'll do something fun this year.
Plus, celebrate my husbands retirement!!!
Yes, end of this month he is done.
I can't wait to just hang out, between days open at the store.
Thanks for coming by and so nice to met you, too.
Have enjoyed reading two more of your other posts.
Bad blogger award made me smile. =0)
I'll be back for a visit. Come see me anytime.
Blessings,
Barbara Jean
Happy, happy anniversary! You two are so lucky to have each other. What a fun celebration you had.
Lura,
What a wonderful memory with your friend Sil. How sweet to think of the sea shore pic as as gift for your her.
If you email me (address on my profile page like yours)with your zip code i will figure out postage,
I'm sure it will not be very much.
Blessings
barbara jean
PS I'm leaving to paint at the store shortly, so will check email when i get back.
Looks like a fabulous trip and anniversary, Lura. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures, they have inspired me to start thinking about a trip somewhere. Congratulations on 44 years together, we're right behind you with 43 in November. Are you going to BYU's opening game on Sept. 19th? We'll be there in the No. End Zone. GO COUGS!!
wow you have been a busy lady!
Happy belated anniversary! You both look so nice and happy.
HI this is Amanda how are you doing me and my friends are friends again so ya see ya
Happy Anniversary Lura! It looks like you had a wonderful time. Beautiful pictures! So glad you had such a great trip!
XOXO
Jen
What a great little getaway. Way to go girls for taking charge and planning it. Congrats on 44.
44 years?? How awesome! I can't wait till we can celebrate 44 years together!
That is a B-17G in that picture. I showed Patrick the picture and asked him what it was... he said because it has a chin turret (the gun on the chin of the plane) it is a G model and not just the B-17. He is so full of WWII aviation information! I love it!
It sounds like ya'll had a wonderful week!
That sounds like a wonderful time you had on your anniversary! What a great get away! It is so important to nourish your marriage! It looks like you added a lot of sunshine and water! Glad you got to get away! sending you love, Kelsi
What great pictures. And thanks for the happy birthday for Johnny. I can't beleive my baby boy is a teenager.
Your anniversary looks like a perfect get away. I'm so glad you had such a good time. You deserve it. Love you
Post a Comment