Hello everyone. I hope that all of you are having a good Sunday. I am in a rush today but I would like to tell you about 6 things that I am thankful for and have made me smile this week.
I can hardly believe that it is February already. Where did January go? I love February. I love anything to do with hearts, flowers, candy, love, friendship and Valentines.... and...
As several of you know I have not been feeling well for the past couple of weeks. I often get tummy aches and have nausea and other ailments from IBS... but... this time the IBS was complicated with an infection. I was pretty miserable. However, I am feeling much better today. My doctor gave me pills for the tummy ache, nausea, diarrhea and an antibiotic for the infection. Hey, I may be a druggie but I surely am glad for these modern medicines that can help me. The only problem that I had was remembering to take them as directed. I wish that I could just get rid of the IBS but until that time, at least medicine helps me cope... and that makes me smile.
....
3. My bed makes me smile.
I am so thankful to have a warm, comfortable bed to snuggle up in. I was delighted to be in St. George last weekend to watch Johnny compete in Gymnastics, (He did great....if you didn't see my post about him please look at last week's Sunday Six. He was amazing.) However, since I was sick the whole time, I was glad to get home to my own bed. It seems no bed is as good as your own ...especially when you are sick.
I do not take this comfort for granted. I have been volunteering weekly at our local homeless shelter for the past year and a half. After their dinner is over, the tables are moved away and mats are put out on the cement floor. Each person is given a sheet and a towel. I know that the shelter is better than being out on the streets but I always feel sad that they don't have comfortable beds to sleep in. Having a nice bed to sleep in makes me smile.
...
4. I am so glad that I have a sewing room and nice machines.
One of my lovely Brother electronic machines is not feeling well and has to go to the sewing machine hospital. I will miss it terribly while it is gone. I love being able to sew this or that any time I want to. Since my last child moved out I have converted his old bedroom into a sewing room. I can keep my embroidery machine, sewing machine and two sergers out and ready to be used at any time. I used to have to get out and set up a machine on my kitchen table when I wanted to sew or repair a garment. I so enjoy having a room that I can dedicate to my many sewing projects and not have to clean up until the project is finished....
5. Having a computer and Internet makes me smile.

I have said it many times before but I must say it again... I am so thankful for all of you blog friends. You touch my heart and have expanded my world. You set good examples for me. You make me laugh. You make me cry. You boost my spirits when I am low and you celebrate with me when I am happy, Thank you for being my friends. I really appreciate you more than you probably realize. Having you for friends makes me smile.
...
6. Airplanes make me smile.
This week airplanes will bring me and my dear blog friend, Marie together. What a blessing that is to me. We live in a marvelous time when we can travel across the globe in no time at all. I am smiling just thinking about it.I hope that you too have had much to smile about this past week.
I love hearing from you so please leave me a comment if you have time.
Have a good week to come. Love, Lura







12 comments:
Dear grammy
I love you soooo muth! Thank you for making me a blog! Thank you for being such a good grammy! You are suth good bloger freind! Ican not wate tell I can spind the night again!
Love
Claire
hi lura!
i'm with you on so many of those. i love valentines! love and candy-whats not to like about that? :) and i love my soft bed(we didn't really have a super soft one until just a year ago and i'm in heaven every time i lay down!). and i love airplanes! i love traveling. can you believe i never had been on an airplane until i was 19? true! joey took me on my first plane ride, train ride, subway ride and horsecarriage ride back in 2000. that was also the trip he proposed to me(in the sacred grove:) he is the best! and now i love to travel, LOVE it.
I'm sorry you hadn't been feeling well, glad to hear those medicines are helping out. I'm so with you about meds, I'm loving mine right about now. :) And I certainly miss my bed, I won't be taking that for granted anymore. Sleeping on the futon for the time being until I'm healed is no picnic.
Lura, I am really tired this morning and am going back to bed for an hour but had to stop by and read your Sunday Smile Post before I did so. I love many of the things that you do, and am glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. My Todd has IBD as well and it's no fun. I love little Claire's comment. You are a good grammy and blogging friend! I also loved Holly's comment. How romantic is that, being proposed to in the Sacred Grove!!! What a guy! Lucky Holly! I cannot wait to see you in just 4 more sleeps Lura!! How wonderful that will be. I, too, am grateful for airplanes! They brought me to my Todd and now one is going to bring me over to see you. It's all so very wonderful! I can't wait! Sending loads of love and healing vibes your way. I hope you are back to 100% by Friday! (((hugs))) XXOO
I will say a prayer that your IBS does NOT flare up while your friend is with you!!
♥♥♥
Lura!
I love your Sunday Six- especially the plane thing! The plane is the reason I am finally home getting to visit my family these two weeks!!!
I also love Vday and all the pink and red stuff! So cute!
Another great post :)
This is Amanda. Thanks for going on my blog that was my frist vidio. And i love those things you wrote.
Hi Lura,
I am so sorry about the IBS. I have it as well and it is such a balancing act. I hope you are feeling well soon and can get a hold on the symptoms. I am finally in a good place with mine.
Loved the rest of your list as well! Enjoy your time with Marie!!
I hope you are starting to feel better.
You are very lucky to have a craft room. I hate having to get stuff out and clean it up every time.
And, I wish I knew how to sew and embroider. Not one of my skills however.
What a wonderful list. I am most especially happy to hear that you are feeling better. You've been struggling quite a while and I know how that can wear on you. I know that you are looking forward to seeing Marie, and I'm looking forward to meeting you and hearing all about you time with Marie. Hope Kris is able to join you. Wishing you safe travels...Jan
Hi Lura,
Thank you for the messages you have sent me. I am so happy to be here taking care of Joel and Lori. I return tonight! I am excited to be home and especially with Craig.
So, I will not get to meet the wonderful Marie. Yes, I know who she is (sort of) and would love to meet her. It is wonderful that you can. Enjoy every minute and I hope you feel better soon.
I have some special favors to ask you. So, I need to call you. I am hoping that you can come over while Jan is at my house (that's not the favor-that's a treat- actually the favor is a treat too, if you can do it. Are you curious? )
Love your posts. You are so good at looking for smiles. You make me smile! Lots of love
Have fun with Marie! I know she'll just enchant you!
Post a Comment