When I started to do my Sunday Six I noticed that it was my 100th post and in a few days it will be my one year blogiversary. I have learned that there are blog rules.... and that I am suppose to do something special to celebrate this blog event. I set aside my Sunday Six and tried to think of what I could do for a give-away or something special to celebrate post # 100 and year # one.
Then I logged onto Gracie's blog which is Our Little Sweetheart is here. Gracie was born last March with hypoplastic left heart syndrome HLHS. I have been reading this blog and praying for Gracie since she was born. Go to her blog to get the whole story. This precious baby and her family have gone through one procedure and complication after another. She was scheduled for her second surgery on Feb.12th but her little heart was not healthy enough to risk it. She was put on the heart transplant list...... and amazingly they found a heart for her only 1 1/2 weeks later.
This is little Gracie as she waited to go in to surgery to get her new heart Sat. night. Gracie got her new heart... but it is not working right. There is only about a 1% chance that the new heart will be defective..... and Gracie got the 1% heart. They did not realize the new heart was bad until they had removed Gracie's heart and put the new one in. She is now on the heart
re-transplant list.
This little girl and her family have gone through so much.... physically, emotionally and financially. Would you please pray for them. They are asking for our prayers and appreciate the support. They have seen one miracle after another take place since Gracie was born 11 months ago. They believe another miracle can happen if it is God's will. They have not given up.
I will do something to commemorate my 100th post soon... but today all I can think of is Gracie.
I hope that this breech of blog rules will be OK under the circumstances. I think you will all understand.
Love, Lura







22 comments:
What a precious little baby. Will sure be praying for her. How sad she had to go through such a major surgery for nothing.
I didn't know about the blog rules about doing something special on your 100 post/1st year blogoversary. I never kept track of either. LOL
Oh my heart breaks for her family! What a GORGEOUS girl, her eyes are AMAZING!! What a special spirit... I will definitely be praying for her to hold on, and her family too.
Thanks for letting us know. I will add them to my prayers.
I will be adding them to my prayer too......
Hi Lura --
Thanks for letting me know about this! My sister's son was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrom too. He has gone through the three heart surgeries.
I will pray for that sweet baby. What a hard time that family must be going through!!!
XOXOXO
Jen
I have an award for you over on my blog. I asked for prayers too.
XOXOXO
Jen
what a darling baby- and yes, I will pray---I often think of how much Jesus loves the little children and that His love is greater than ours-
bless this child
hugs from Meme
Oh gosh Lura. I had no idea about this. Gracie has been added to my prayers as well as her family. Have also put her name into the temple. Thanks so much my dear friend for letting us know about this. ((((hugs)))) You are such a thoughtful and kind person my sweet friend. I miss you so very much. XXOO
What a beautiful little girl. How brave she and her family must be. And how kind and thoughtful you are Lura. I will certainly be thinking and praying for her and her family.
She's gorgeous! Such a beautiful cheeky little twinkle in those huge eyes. Her family's hearts must be breaking, mine is. Let's hold hands and form a huge circle of God's love around her.
love, Angie, xx
Sometimes there are more important things to focus on than blogging. Sometimes I get news about one the folks or kiddos with cancer that I follow and because of what is going on in their lives, posting about the trivia in my life, doesn't seem like the thing to do either. I totally understand. I will add this precious child to my prayer list.
I have lifted her up this moment begging for God's mercy and His healing for Gracie. I've asked for His strength and His grace to surround this family. blessings, marlene
this is just so sad! my heart breaks for this family and this poor precious baby girl. our family will keep them in our prayers. i will go check out her blog. . .thanks for sharing this story with all of us.
My heart breaks for this family. The baby girl and her family will definitely be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Thanks for sharing this special story.
Sending prayers from NC.
((hugs))
This is Amanda. Yes i could read it but how did you do that???????????????????????? And oh and what a precious little cute baby well see ya love amanda p.s. I am losing my best friend Ashley we have been frinds for 6 years and i am going to really miss her and her house is so big love amanda
We will be praying for your whole family and for your precious little Gracie.
How sweet is Gracie! I "met" Grcaie the other day at Marie's place...Oh, but this seem way too much for such a small baby to have to go through, doesn't it? Prayers flying to young Gracie and her family! So nice to see you at my place, Lura...loved reading of all your fun times with dear Maire! :o) ((HUGS))
It is so nice of you to spread the word about little Gracie. Looks like the prayers are a flowing. Hope all works out well. Poor little thing. So so sweet. I saw this post days ago and just didn't have time to comment, but she has been in my thoughts and prayers too.
Poor little Gracie. I hope she feels well soon!
What a struggle for a sweet baby and her family. Prayers are definitely in place for her.
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment